If you’re looking for a way to control your Xbox One with your voice, then you’re in luck! The IR Out Xbox One feature allows you to do just that.
This feature has been around for a while now, but many people still don’t know how to use it or what it’s capable of. In this post, we’ll go over everything you need to know about IR Out on Xbox One.
What is IR Out?
IR Out stands for Infrared Out, and it’s a feature on the Xbox One that allows you to control your TV or cable box using voice commands. The Xbox One has an infrared (IR) blaster built into it, which means it can send IR signals to control other devices. This is helpful because it means you don’t have to use a separate remote to turn your TV on and off or switch channels.
How to set up IR Out on Xbox One
Before you can start using IR Out, you’ll need to set it up. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to Settings on your Xbox One.
2. Select TV & OneGuide.
3. Select Devices.
4. Select TV.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your TV. You’ll need to know the make and model of your TV so that the Xbox One can send the appropriate IR commands.
6. Once you’ve set up your TV, you should see a message saying it’s been successfully configured.
What you can do with IR Out on Xbox One
Now that you’ve set up IR Out, what can you do with it? Here are some of the things you can control using voice commands:
– Turn your TV on and off
– Change channels
– Adjust the volume
– Mute the sound
– Launch TV apps (like Netflix or Hulu)
– Pause, play, and rewind live TV
How to use IR Out with Alexa or Google Assistant
If you have an Alexa or Google Assistant device, you can also use voice commands to control your Xbox One. Here’s how to set it up:
1. Go to Settings on your Xbox One.
2. Select Devices & streaming.
3. Select Digital assistants.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your preferred digital assistant.
Once you’ve set up your digital assistant, you can use voice commands like “Alexa, turn on my Xbox” or “Hey Google, change the channel to ESPN.”
How to troubleshoot IR Out on Xbox One
If you’re having trouble getting IR Out to work, here are a few things to try:
– Make sure your TV is set up correctly. Double-check that you entered the correct make and model.
– Make sure your Xbox One is turned on and connected to the internet. IR Out won’t work if your Xbox One is turned off or not connected to the internet.
– Try moving your Xbox One closer to your TV. Sometimes the IR signal isn’t strong enough to reach your TV from across the room.
– Try using a different voice command. Sometimes the Xbox One doesn’t recognize certain phrases, so try saying something different like “Xbox, turn off the TV.”
Benefits of using IR Out on Xbox One
There are several benefits to using IR Out on Xbox One:
– You only need one remote. Instead of having to juggle multiple remotes to control your TV, cable box, and Xbox One, you can use voice commands to control everything.
– It’s hands-free. You don’t even need to pick up the remote to turn your TV on and start watching your favorite show.
– It’s convenient. If you’re in the middle of a game and want to switch to your favorite TV show, you can do it without having to leave your couch.
IR Out Xbox One: Conclusion
In conclusion, IR Out on Xbox One is a great feature that can make your life a lot easier. With voice commands, you can control your TV, cable box, and Xbox One all with just one remote.
Plus, if you have an Alexa or Google Assistant, you can even control your Xbox One with your voice from across the room. So give it a try, and see how much more convenient your gaming and TV-watching experience can be!